Sunday, April 12, 2009

Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, and other good stuff for the skin!


So anyone who knows me knows that I am a product junkie!Right now my focus is on skincare.  A couple of months ago I experienced a break out for the first time in like four years so I was trippin big time!  Instead of taking it like a punk, I came out guns ablazin!  Because I used to work at this plastic surgery office, I learned that glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and certain antioxidants help to get rid of breakouts and the scars i.e hyperpigmentations that they leave behind.  The first place that I went was Sephora, now they had some stuff, but I just was not trying to spend the money to get it.  I called a few friends that are also junkies, and one suggested that since I know what ingredients I'm lookin for, that I should go to a drugstore to get what I needed, so to RiteAid I went!  I found this awesome product line called c.booth with all kinds of stuff!  The line had a glycolic acid "skin resurfacing solution", that you use like a toner with 10% glycolic acid, it had a "salicylic acid" spot treatment, and a bunch of other stuff that I eventually ended up buying within a month!lol The stuff is all between $15-$20, and it works great!  Anytime I am on the comeup for some good inexpensive skincare stuff that works, I will let the world know!  Oh yeah I guess for those wondering what this stuff does, I should explain, glycolic acid derived from suger cane is an alpha hydroxy acid that helps to breakdown dead skincells on the surface of the skin and dessolve them.  This is neccessary because dead skin cells hangin out on your skin make it appear dull and lifeless, they also block important stuff from reaching the "good skin".  It can also diminish fine lines and wrinkles.  Salicylic acid is a beta hydroxy acid good for helping to control oil production by absorbing oil that gets deep into pores making them less clogged and thus having a smaller appearance, dissolve/exfoliate dead  skin, and help with dark marks left from former breakouts.  So the bottom line is get some its great!

Holla!

No comments:

Post a Comment